🌟🌟🌟🌟/ 4 out of 5 Stars
I have a lot of feelings about this book.
I really really enjoyed it. (I’ll admit it has been a few days since I read it because I am a procrastination queen)
So… This was a rollercoaster of a book.
First thing: Alex has schizophrenia. She has hallucinations and lots of trouble telling what’s real and what’s not. The thing I really enjoyed was not that Alex has schizophrenia but the fact that she’s more than that. I was listening to a friend rant the other day about the fact that the character in the book she as reading was completely defined by his mental illness and the fact that he had it. He had no personality other than his depression, apparently. But Alex was a history nut, she had goals, she rode her bike and took photos. she had depth and I loved her for it.
There was also romance, and the way the relationship developed I thought was done so right. And guess what, there were two boys but no love triangle. Yippee! I mean, I enjoy love triangles, when they’re done right of course, but all the books seem to have them. As soon as there were Tucker and Miles on the scene, who were enemies, I honestly thought I was coming up to a love triangle but there was none. And I was a glad bean.
I think the reason the book lost a star from me was because of the mystery. I mean, it wasn’t too believable, and I was a little confused as well. I can’t really talk about it in depth without spoiling it, though, so I’ll leave it at that.
But don’t let the confusing mystery deter you! This book was really good and gave me a lot of emotions and I haven’t cried reading a book for a while.
So… Read It!
(and if anyone reading this has thoughts on this book, please tell me what you thought about it !!)
Well, since this is my first blog post I know that a) nobody will read this and b) I’m gonna write this anyway. Because I don’t care.
Sooooo… My name is Elizabeth (or Lizzie, or Liz) and I’ve wanted to start a book blog for a while. I’m thirteen years old, and I’m in Grade 8.
I’m gonna write some facts about me because why the hell not.
- I live in the wonderful land that is Australia (and the spiders and snakes aren’t that bad, trust me)
- I am completely and utterly obsessed with Doctor Who. and I need the new season right now *screams internally*
- I haven’t actually read all the Harry Potter books yet. I KNOW! ‘what have you been doing with your life?’ I hear you ask. Or not. considering there’s probably nobody reading this. Anyway, I plan to read all of them this year. I’ve read two so far. #dontkillme
- I love Rick Riordan. As in, if I had to read only one author for the rest of my life, it would be Rick Riordan. I just finished the PJO series and I’ve also read Magnus Chase. I’m gonna borrow all the HOO books from my school library, and I have TOA in my possession. yissss
- My favourite school subjects are History, Science, and Art. I really enjoy writing also, but all we do in English is compare advertising and write essays on the worst books in existence. (coughcoughthursday’schildcoughcough)
- My favourite book two years ago was Wonder by R.J Palacio. If you haven’t read it yet, go out and read it right now. I mean it.
- my to-read on goodreads currently has 95 books on it. *cries*
- I’m participating in a book judging thing with my school at the moment where we read 20 books and kind of review them and stuff. It’s fun.
- I’m currently reading Made You Up by Francesca Zappia and wow. It’s really blowing me away so far.
- I have red curly hair and it’s really short. (idk I thought i needed to add something about my appearance)
- My favourite graphic novel series is Lumberjanes. You should totally read it. It’s about 5 girls at a summer camp and there’s fantasy and monster fighting and a bear lady and a trans girl and a lesbian couple and Ripley.
- I really like drawing and I guess I’m ok at it but idk
- I don’t really know what else to write
- Blah blah blah no-one’s reading this anyways whatever
Ok so this is my first post. #nice. Baiiiiii!